Registered Pet Therapy Dog
Complex Rating via Pet Partners
( A/K/A Delta Society )
Born on 7/7/2009 as the GGdaugther of a champion who sired the #1 Labrador in 2006 (CH Castlewood's Just Do It) Bella had an exceptional temperament and was able to perform in very stressful environments. She passed her Pet Therapy exam in May 2012 and earned her AKC Advanced Pet Therapy Dog Title. She achieved her COMPLEX Pet Therapy Team rating. Bella literally visited with thousands of people in our community.
1. Primarily assisting children with physical therapy under the direction of their Physical Therapist at Carilion Community Hospital.
2. Visiting with children at risk and cancer patients at Lewis Gale Hospital for over 2 years.
3. Interacting with patients at Regional Hospitals, Carilion Hospice ( at home and nursing home settings
4. Supporting library reading events cheering on children as they read to her.
5. Comforted special needs children at the Minnick School for over 2 years.
6. Served as Canine Ambassador for St. Philip Lutheran Church, and supported at home communion deliveries as well as special events.
7. Supported Pet Therapy Program presentations in schools.
8. Served as the Neutral Dog during various Pet Therapy Team/ CGC evaluations in our region.
She had two wonderful litters in her life. Her most famous son was Tank who became the Canine Ambassador for the Corps of Cadets at VT University in Blacksburg, VA. Her Great-Grandson, Stryker, is the current Canine Ambassador for the Corps of Cadets at VT as he took Tank's place following his retirement. Many of her descendants became Service Dogs, Pet Therapy Dogs, Facility Dogs, and superb family companions.
Bella retired from our breeding program in July of 2014 when she turned 5 years old. She became a full time Pet Therapy Dog and had her forever home with our friend Judy until she passed away from old age on 3/17/2023 just 4 months shy of her 14th birthday.